Support Relief Efforts in Puerto Rico
Less than two weeks after Hurricane Irma made landfall on the island, Puerto Rico experienced the worst natural disaster in nearly a century. Making direct hit, Hurricane Maria’s impact was far more devastating and was recorded as the fifth-strongest storm ever on U.S. soil, according to NASA. Urgent help is needed, as nearly all of the residents are left at risk in need of assistance recovering.
This news hits close to home because our dance crew’s founder, Donnie Estopinal, personally has family in Puerto Rico. Join us to support local relief efforts in New York and Florida along with our partners at HTG Events and Sunset Events. Help our Caribbean neighbors by donating supplies to trusted organizations that will ensure proper distribution. Give whatever you can, every little bit counts!
Your Voice Counts
Go the extra mile, contact your congressman to help expedite a Federal aid package! To easily find your representatives, visit https://www.house.gov/representatives/find or navigate via the Facebook Town Hall feature located under the “Explore” section of your News Feed.
There are a number of humanitarian groups providing care packages and vital equipment to victims on the storm’s path. Put your resources into good hands by donating to accredited charities such as Doctors Without Borders, The Salvation Army, All Hands Volunteers, and Make A Difference Foundation.
Donate Supplies to Collection Centers
Here’s how you can help. We’re asking the Disco community to drop-off supplies at the following collection centers. Important items include: medicine, first-aid kits, drinking water, personal-hygiene and feminine-care products, construction materials, cots and sleeping bags, diapers and wet wipes, tents and awnings, bedding, pet food, kitchenware, bug repellent, baby formula, pajamas, sheets, and towels.
- Harbor Community Bank: 2320 S. Orange Ave.
- Harbor Community Bank: 11681 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Suite #1
- Harbor Community Bank: 430 N. Semoran Blvd.
- Walmart: 1505 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.
- Homeland Intelligence Technologies Warehouse: 4916 S Lois Ave.
- El Rinconcito de Santa Barbara Restaurant: 2050 W. 56 St. (Hialeah)
- Central Command Warehouse: 535 NW 24st St.
- Engine 91 Ladder 11: 242 E. 111th Street, New York, NY 11220 (East Harlem)
- Engine 95 Ladder 36: 29 Vermilyea Avenue, New York, NY 10033 (Inwood)
- Engine 28 Ladder 11: 222 E. 2nd Street, New York, NY 10009 (Lower East Side)
- EMS Station 26: 1264 Boston Road, Bronx NY 10456 (Morrisania)
- EMS Station 55: 3134 Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10451 (Melrose)
- Engine 64 Ladder 47: 1214 Castle Hill Avenue, Bronx, NY 10462 (Castle Hill)
- Engine 83 Ladder 29: 618 E. 138th Street, Bronx, NY 10454 (Mott Haven/South Bronx)
- Engine 316: 27-12 Kearney Street, Queens, NY 11369 (East Elmhurst)
- Engine 289 Ladder 138: 97-28 43rd Avenue, Queens, NY 11368 (Corona)
- Engine 307 Ladder 154: 81-17 Northern Boulevard, Queens, NY 11372 (Jackson Heights)
- Engine 271 Ladder 124: 392 Himrod Street, Brooklyn, NY 11237 (Bushwick)
- Engine 277 Ladder 112: 582 Knickerbocker Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11221 (Bushwick)
- Engine 201 Ladder 114: 5113 4th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11220 ( Sunset Park)
- Engine 228 436 39th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11232 (Sunset Park)
- Engine 218 650 Hart Street, Brooklyn, NY 11221 (Bushwick)
- Engine 153 Ladder 77: 74 Broad Street, Staten Island, NY 10304 (Stapleton)
- Engine 157 Ladder 80: 1573 Castleton Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10302 (Port Richmond)
- Ladder 79: 1189 Castleton Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10310 (Port Richmond)